2018 Applications (for September/October 2018 entry). We specifically recommend the following for you:
□ Visit the Consortium UK office in Bangkok - we will help you with your online application and many other things (advice on Statement of Purpose (Personal Statement), CV/Resume, official certification of copies of supporting documents and uploading them direct to the University, explaining offer and how to accept, information on Pre-sessional English, visa application advice, recommend accommodation, give details of travel to the UK, etc – Consortium UK contact details below.
□ Take an IELTS Preparation Course at the British Council (Siam Square). You can take IELTS preparation courses at other places too, but make sure your teacher has IELTS experience.
□ Take / Re-take the UKVI approved IELTS Academic Test at the British Council and submit your score to Consortium UK (it takes about 10 days to get the score after you take the IELTS Test). Regarding which IELTS to take, if you have not achieved the course entry requirement the UKVI-approved IELTS is required to take "stand-alone" Pre-sessional English - it MAY be possible to get a combined unconditional offer for Pre-sessional English and master's degree with a non-UKVI approved IELTS, but the University must approve this first. Currently, if you achieve the IELTS course requirement, then the non-UKVI-approved IELTS can be accepted by the University. Note that Warwick Business School and PAIS do not allow Pre-sessional English as a substitute for IELTS achievement. WMG and most other departments at Warwick DO allow it.
* Master’s Degrees starting September/October 2018, send your application from October/November 2017 (best to send before April 2018 because popular courses become full and some have application deadlines).
* Bachelor’s Degrees, apply via UCAS by 15th January 2018 for guaranteed consideration (or by 15 October 2017 if you are applying to Oxford or Cambridge), final application deadline 30th June 2018.
* Foundation Years – for September 2018 entry, send applications from November 2017 (best send before May 2018) – note that you must have the UKVI-approved IELTS for Foundation Year entry
You can meet University representatives when they visit as follows:
1. Applicant/Offer Holders’ Reception – Sunday 18th March 2018 at 14.00 - hosted by University staff and Thai Alumni at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Hotel (next to our office)
3. International School Visits – 13-16 March 2018 – staff from universities visit leading schools
4. Personal Counselling with Academics – there will be chances to meet various academics at our office for personal counselling – dates will be advertised.
5. Pre-Departure Briefings (specific to each university) – June/July 2018:
– hosted by the University representatives and Thai Alumni at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Hotel – a great opportunity to receive all the up-to-date information on accommodation, paying tuition fees, travel to the university, etc, and also you can meet other students going to the same university (exchange contact details, maybe arrange to travel together, etc).