Specific Advice, Recommendations & Information for You – 2019 entry
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL APPLICATIONS ARE CONSIDERED EQUALLY AND THAT SENDING AN APPLICATION EARLY DOES NOT GIVE YOU A BETTER CHANCE OF OFFER JUST BECAUSE YOU SEND IT EARLY!!! Obviously, we do do not recommend sending an application late ....
We specifically recommend the following for you:
□ Visit the Consortium UK office in Bangkok - we will help you with your online application and many other things (advice on Statement of Purpose (Personal Statement), CV/Resume, official certification of supporting documents and uploading them direct to the University, explaining offer and how to accept, information on Pre-sessional English, visa application advice, recommend accommodation, give details of travel to the UK, etc – Consortium UK contact details below.
□ Take an IELTS Preparation Course at the British Council (Siam Square). You can take IELTS preparation courses at other places too, but make sure your teacher has IELTS experience.
□ Take / Re-take the UKVI approved IELTS Academic Test at the British Council and submit your score to Consortium UK (it takes about 10 days to get the score after you take the IELTS Test). Regarding which IELTS to take, if you have not achieved the course entry requirement the UKVI-approved IELTS is required to take “stand-alone” Pre-sessional English – it MAY be possible to get a combined unconditional offer for Pre-sessional English and master’s degree with a non-UKVI-approved IELTS, but the University must approve this first. Currently (late-2018), if you achieve the IELTS degree course requirement, the non-UKVI-approved IELTS can be accepted by the University. Note that Warwick Business School and PAIS do not allow Pre-sessional English as a substitute for IELTS achievement (but WMG and some other Warwick departments do allow it).
□ Master’s Degrees starting September/October 2019, send your application from October/November 2018 (best to send before April 2019 because popular courses become full and some have application deadlines).
Bachelor’s Degrees, apply via UCAS by 15th January 2019 for guaranteed consideration (or by 15 October 2018 if you are applying to Oxford or Cambridge), final application deadline 30th June 2019.
Foundation Years – for September 2019 entry, send applications from November 2018 (best send before May 2019) – note that you must take the UKVI-approved IELTS for Foundation Year entry
You can meet University representatives when they visit as follows:
1. British Council Expo – Sat/Sun 16/17 February 2019 – Siam Paragon
2. Applicant/Offer Holders’ Reception – a Sunday in March 2019 at 14.00 - hosted by University staff and Thai Alumni at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Hotel (next to our office)
3. International School Visits – March 2019 – staff from all universities visit leading schools
4. Personal Counselling with Academics – there will be chances to meet various academics at our office for personal counselling – dates will be advertised.
5. Pre-Departure Briefings (specific to each university) – June/July 2019:
– hosted by the University representatives and Thai Alumni at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Hotel – a great opportunity to receive all the up-to-date information on accommodation, paying tuition fees, travel to the university, etc, and also you can meet other students going to the same university (exchange contact details, maybe arrange to travel together, etc).